Repair and Alterations
At Makins we aim to prolong the life of garments for our customers, which we do through our Alteration and Repair service. For more information, please read the specific criteria below. If you have any questions please email email@example.com or view our FAQs.
Currently Makins is only currently offering alterations on garment lengths. Most of our garments are meant to have an oversized and baggy (wider) fit. We can alter the garments length for free. If you would like this service please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange this for you.
- Only applies to Makins products
- Excludes the Repair program
- Alterations are done during the construction of your garment.
Our repair program increases garment life and adds character to your garment as it goes through wear and tear through its lifecycle. Our repairing method is done by the Japanese Sashiko method. This involves sewing in a patch of fabric and using decorative stitching on the patched hole to create a decorative pattern.
- Only applies to Makins products.
- Excludes tailoring and alterations.
- Garments are subject to evaluation prior to accepting repair and item must be clean.
- We cannot repair fabric flaws, piles or marked garments.
- Repairs are done by hand and may require up to 14 working days to complete.
- Repairs are done with the Japanese repairing method called Sashiko.